Thursday, April 12, 2012

Remember back when I used to have between 20-30 posts a month? Probably not because that was well over a year ago. Not much has been going on lately which is probably why I haven't felt like blogging. Well actually what's really happened is I fell into a somewhat miserable state of being, and no one needs to read about that. There's enough complaining and negativity out there without my help. BUT slow changes have been happening - I must say that changing one's outlook requires an awful lot of work for not a whole lot of reward. In an instant-gratification culture such as the one we live in it's no wonder that self-improvement often ranks low on people's 'to-do' lists. It's a long haul to change from the person you are to the person you want to be - changes are usually subtle, if perceptible at all. Every once in a while I feel it - that awesome sense of hope and possibility, that I am on a path (maybe even the path) I'm supposed to be on. Of course, every once in a while I am swallowed by self-deprecation and doubt which leads to lethargy and sour moods, but that's just how things roll (right?!??). Anyhow, maybe I'll get back to feeling inspired to post on a more regular basis, or maybe I'll just get over the need to match or surpass a self-perceived quota of monthly blog entries. It - this blog, my life, me - is a work in progress.

I'll keep you updated though, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment