Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Confession:

I LOVE BREAKFAST.

I am a breakfast-a-holic. When I was in High School, I remember my mother forcing a Carnation Breakfast Shake into my hand as I ran out the door, for when I was a teenager I was "too cool" for breakfast (or something.) I don't know what I was thinking. Breakfast is amazing. There are so many options, most of them quick and easy, all of them delicious. I love cooking breakfast; I love eating breakfast at non-breakfast times - an omelet for lunch, crepes for dinner - and don't even get me started on brunch.

This morning Roomie kindly offered me half of the last slice of the banana bread she baked this weekend (breakfast baked goods = another fave) and a couple of hours later, I decided I was still hungry. I needed some protein to sustain me through what I am determined to make a highly-productive day, so I decided on an egg (I love eggs to the point where people I have lived with have felt compelled to comment on the amount of eggs I consume. I'm okay with it). Due to my love of breakfast, and my deep affinity for cooking breakfast, I am now sitting down to an egg scramble with baby spinach, mushrooms, spanish onion, and a hint of goat cheese. Delightful!

[Sidenote: Roomie, I stole a teaspoon of your goat cheese :) Love you! I'll pay you back double - that's 2 teaspoons of goat cheese people!]

For when it comes to breakfast, why have a scrambled egg, when you can have a scrambled egg with veggie goodness in it, and why have one breakfast when you can have two! Maybe I'll pour myself a glass of orange juice to wash down all of this breakfast excitement...

Oh! PS. Have I told you about my friend's glorious breakfast blog? If not, I am now. A Perfect Spread. Check it out... perferably on a full stomach because if not you may just get too hungry to bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment