Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I slept in this morning!

I'm not sure what is more lame, the fact that this excites me or the fact that "sleeping in" equates to 9:18am

Last night it snowed so the light is muted and grey, and with the exception of the persistent hum of the recycling truck outside there is a stillness; the quiet calm that often accompianies the morning after a snowfall.

My roommate wakes up every morning and writes. She doesn't think or set goals, she just writes. It's calming just to watch her do it. There is something about putting pen to paper that cannot be replaced. Since I got my Blackberry about 10 weeks back, I tried to use its digital planner but the other day I was perusing the coolest of bookshops and had to buy an agenda. A Moleskine 2010 Day Planner to be precise. It is beautiful and I love it. I can write down reminders and things to do without having to enter a start and end time and un-check a 'conference call' box, and my whole week is laid out before my eyes, and I get to cross things off and fill things in, and I'm telling you it is so much better.

Also something that makes Moleskine Day Planners superior to silly digital agendas is the video they made about them:

No comments:

Post a Comment