Tuesday, November 17, 2009



I really want to go to the Ballet.


I would love to see The Sleeping Beauty, but I looked this morning and all of the seats in my price range (read: nosebleed section) were sold out for the remainder of the run. Shame.


There is something about ballet that is so....majestic. I haven't seen many, but the ballets that I have seen have been spellbinding - and this includes each performance of the Halifax Dance interpretation of the Nutcracker that I have seen more times than I can count. It is such a marriage of athleticism, grace, costume, music, emotion and performance, and it is just so beautiful.


Hopefully I can get to Swan Lake - I have yet to see a large scale production of a classic ballet piece and I feel like that would be a good place to start.


For more ballet fun, check out this article or take a look at this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment