Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How come boys don't write poetry anymore?



The Arrow and The Song
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I shot an Arrow into the air

It fell to earth I know not where,
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breath'd a Song into the air
It fell to earth, I know not where.
For who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of a song?
Long, long afterward in an oak
I found the Arrow still unbroke;
And the Song from begining to end
I found again in the heart of a friend.
~*~

Found on S and O Productions

The other day I was at JWD Books (AKA best second hand bookstore ever) and I decided to hunt for a really good collection of poems. I didn't have any luck, but perhaps this will tide me
over for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment