Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I think this is awesome!

So What Do We Think About This?


This month Glamour magazine ran this photograph which has created quite a stir here in the US. It seems women desperately want more images that highlight the variety of beauty that the female form has to offer. If that is true, then this should become one of the biggest selling issues in Conde Nast history. Actually it just might become the biggest seller. When we wanted to do a post about this Tracy went to three different shops to find the magazine but all three were sold out. We had to scan this from the NY Post. When I am shooting on the street older women and larger size women often say "no" to my request to shoot them. Actually, much more than any other category of people I shoot. I think they have a real suspicion about how the image will be used. I also think there continues to be a growing disconnect between the fashion community and "average" women in general However, do you think that this economic crisis has forced the fashion community to open it's eyes a little bit to what the customers want?
posted by The Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment