Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wise Words

Today someone told me, "life is amazing". Not in a sarcastic, corny or overly idealistic way but in the factual way one would say "my name is Alex" or "the red light means stop". In hindsight it is a bit of an odd thing to say but it is exactly what the most inner parts of me needed to hear.

Lately I've been feeling a bit like I'm treading water. Those three words were like a branch to grab on to, or a boulder to stand on. Something to give me a minute to pause, catch my breath and look in awe at my amazing life.

"Life" is an extraordinary thing: sleeping, breathing, loving, learning, molecules, DNA, dreams, history, art, sex, magnificent friends, family, choices, water, air, growth, evolution, brain, heart, mind, soul, a future and capacity for infinite possibilities..

How truly, breath-takingly, amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment