Thursday, June 11, 2009

And she's off!

To all of you 'bloggers' who have clever, interesting, witty and 'punny' names: I commend you. I have wracked my brain for an embarrassing two weeks or so to come up with "My Blog Name" and found it to be inexplicably difficult.

This name comes from the lyrics of a wonderful song called "Seasons of Love". It's the theme from Jonathan Larson's musical "Rent". When I was in High School, my friends and I were obsessed with this musical. We knew every lyric, almost every harmony and listened to the Soundtrack regularly. In Grade 12 my best friend and I went to England for March Break and saw the shows finale in London's West End. We truly believed that evening was the pinnacle of our young lives.

I digress.

This song asks "how do you measure a year"? In daylights? In sunsets? In midnights? In cups of coffee? Daylights and sunsets seems to me to be decidedly more optimistic than midnights and cups of coffee - although all four are quite enjoyable. I don't know what shape this blog will take, but musing on the "small stuff" of life - inches grown, minutes endured, funny jokes, sad circumstances - seems like a good place to start.

Thanks for visiting - hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment